Lemon Pepper Tuna Cheats Biriyani
A tasty, simple rice dish that can still be served up the next day, if there is any left!
Sealord Lemon Pepper Tuna 185g
rice bran oil
onion, chopped finely
carrot, thinly sliced
spinach leaves, chopped
salt and pepper
- Preheat an oven to 170°C.
- Heat rice bran oil in a frying pan. Add the onion, garlic and carrot cooking for 4 minutes until soft. Add the curry powder and stir through until fragrant. Stir in the uncooked rice until well combined.
- Add the chicken stock, tomato paste, salt and pepper, stirring until well combined and bring to a simmer.
- Transfer the rice mixture into an ovenproof dish and cook in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir through the peas and spinach, and flake in the lemon pepper tuna stirring gently.
- Serve in bowls and top with coriander leaves.
Garnish with crispy onions for a extra flavour hit.
*Nutrition figures are averages only.