Classic Fish Pie
This easy fish pie recipe makes a great family meal and is simple to prepare in advance and heat up when needed. It is also gluten free!
1x 425g box
Sealord Natural Hoki Fillets, defrosted overnight & diced
large white potatoes (suitable for mashing)
prawns, cooked and peeled (optional)
onions, finely diced
water ( to mix with cornflour )
fresh parsley, chopped
salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Peel and dice kumara and potato, and boil in slightly salted water for 20 minutes or until tender, drain and mash to smooth consistency, set aside.
- Lightly sauté onion in butter. Then add Dijon mustard, milk, cream and fish stock, then add vegetables and bring to a simmer.
- Mix cornflour with water and add to sauce, bring back to simmer and keep stirring to form a smooth sauce.
- Add in diced hoki fillets and cooked prawns and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, stirring gently, add in chopped parsley.
- Place fish mixture in a baking dish, top with the kumara mash and bake for approx. 25 minutes until the pie is bubbling and golden on top.
For more of a golden brown finish on top, place under a hot grill for 5 minutes.
*Nutrition figures are averages only.