Ceviche with coconut and lime
This makes a perfect appetizer - it's easy to prepare, fresh and bursting with flavour.
1 x 425g
Sealord Natural Hoki Fillets, defrosted overnight & diced
lime or lemon juice
telegraph cucumber (diced)
small red onion (finely diced)
red chilli (finely chopped)
coconut cream or milk
coriander (cilantro) chopped
fish sauce or salt
- Cut hoki into small pieces and finely dice all other ingredients.
- Combine hoki and lemon or lime juice in a bowl. Cover and leave to marinate in fridge for 10 minutes. Fish should look opaque and white in colour.
- Drain fish and reserve juice.
- Mix fish with all other ingredients and a few tablespoons of marinating juice to taste.
- Season with salt or fish sauce to taste.
Serve chilled in shot glasses
*Nutrition figures are averages only.