Homemade Fish & Chips
Our homemade Fish and chips is healthier and fresher. Made from scratch this healthy meal is so satisfying!
Sealord Fresh Hoki Fillets
potatoes, suitable for chips or baking
rice bran oil
tomato sauce and lemon wedges
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius fan bake.
- Square off each peeled potato, then cut into fries. Place on a lined tray, drizzle with rice bran oil, season and bake in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes, or until golden and crispy (turn halfway through the cooking time).
- To make the crumb, remove the rosemary and thyme leaves from their stalks and finely chop the leaves. Add to the panko crumbs along with salt & pepper and mix well.
- Prepare the hoki fillets by coating them with flour, dipping in beaten egg and then covering in the herb crumb; making sure the fillet is well coated in the crumb mixture.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and add a drizzle of oil to the pan. Cook the hoki on each side for 4 minutes, ensuring the fish is cooked through and crumb is golden brown.
- Serve the hoki with the chips, along with aioli and lemon wedges.