Fresh Hoki fillets
lime or lemon juice
telegraph cucumber (diced)
small red onion (finely diced)
red chilli (finely chopped)
coconut cream or milk
coriander (cilantro) chopped
fish sauce or salt
- Cut hoki into small pieces and finely dice all other ingredients.
- Combine hoki and lemon or lime juice in a bowl. Cover and leave to marinate in fridge for 10 minutes. Fish should look opaque and white in colour.
- Drain fish and reserve juice.
- Mix fish with all other ingredients and a few tablespoons of marinating juice to taste.
- Season with salt or fish sauce to taste.